Saturday, January 28, 2017

College Cooking : Fettucine Carbonara

If you are some kind of culinary expert or own a michelin star restaurant or really into quality food PLEASE LOOK AWAY NOW!! (this recipe will use fake cheese and fake sausages).

am I safe now? okay.

If you are a college student in Indonesia, it's a big chance you live in a small room with no personal kitchen. Me myself, in my "kost" (I don't know what it is in english, it's some kind of a lower grade of an apartment, lol) has a shared kitchen but I don't like sharing if it comes to food. But I do have my mighty rice cooker.
I named him albert
 The rice cooker is surprisingly capable of everything! You just have to think it's like a pan on an ordinary stove, but you cant control the fire that easily though. I've cooked eggs, congee, eggplants, oatmeal and other with this baby. But here I'm going to share to you how to make Fettucine Carbonara. You can use macaroni, spaghetti any kinds of pasta, as long as it's cheap because don't forget you are a college student after all. Don't try to be fancy. You are poor. *cries*

Okay here's the ingredients.

the green stuff at the top right is not weed I swear
The main ingredients are a box of fettucine, a box of milk, one block of cheese (shredded), salt & pepper. You can add anything, here I'm adding sausages and oregano (that I stole when I went back home).

1. Boil the pasta according to the box, then drain it, set aside.

I broke the fettucine in half so it fits

2.  Melt some butter or margarine (in Indonesia margarine is more common), and in this step you can add some chopped onion if you have any. Then add the milk, and shredded cheese. Add some salt and pepper, I added oregano too but that's optional. Then heat till the cheese melts.



3. Lastly, put the fettucine in the rice cooker, add a little amount  then stir, repeat until all of the fettucine is combined with the sauce.



4. You can add sausages if you have some.





aaand it's done! The whole thing cost me about IDR 30k and that's about 3 dollars. And because I used a whole box of fettucine it can last for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a dollar a meal. Super cheap right? And easy to cook.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Ads (Documentation Required)

Author Info (Documentation Required)